Jack of all trades, master of none. Like all things Vassago, (except maybe our beer glasses) the Fisticuff is not for everybody.
Think of it as a ‘cross-inspired bike with a bit of a ‘roid problem. In this case, that's a very good thing. We beefed up the frame and fork in all the right places and the result is a 'cross style bike that responds like a mountain bike in the rough stuff.
More than simply adding tire clearance to a 'cross frame, the Fisticuff fits the monstercross nomenclature by way of its trail-bike tube set, drop bar geometry, straight blade fork and all around badassness. Yes, it is a word.
Whether you're looking for a drop-bar trail bike, a burly commuter, a gravel grinder, the Fisticuff is your huckleberry.
- Vassago size specific Rtech tubing
- Matching fork INCLUDED with the frame
- Cast horizontal dropouts with forward facing tensioners (included) - run it singlespeed or geared
- Hydro-style cable guides
- ISO standard disc brake mounts and canti mounts
- Front and rear room for most 1.8" 29er tires (48mm)
- Rear rack and fender mounts
- Run road or mountain bike wheels with the 132.5 spacing
- Road and mountain bike part compatable - including standard road cranks
- MSRP frame $589.99
- Frame Material: Vassago size specific Rtech steel tubing
- Headtube - 1 1/8" standard
- Bottom Braket: 68mm shell
- Disc Brakes: Standard ISO
- 27.2 seatpost
- Cast horizontal dropouts with integrated hanger and included Jabbernutz
- Rear Spacing: 132.5 (use road OR MTB wheels!)
- Ft. Derailleur: 28.6, bottom pull
- Rr. Derailleur: Anything standard mount der you have laying around
- Rigid Fork: Included (415 axle to crown with 45mm rake recommended)
- Squishy Fork: nada
- Tire Clearance: most 1.8" 29er tires with axle in middle of dropouts
- Small tbd
- Medium tbd
- Large tbd
- Extra-Large tbd
- Matching front fork
- Cable guides
- Seatpost clamp
- SUPER Swanky headtube badge
- Canti studs
- Water bottle bolts
- Frames come faced, chased and ready to build
What size is right for you?
Nothing compares to test riding a bike, and we strongly urge you to do that. The Vassago feel is our best feature! But if you can't throw a leg over first, here are some sizing recommendations.
***This geometry chart is for 2013 or newer Fisticuff frames