Why Ti? Because as unimpeachable as the ride feel of well-tuned steel can be, sometimes you just want something lighter. And because as amazing as carbon fiber can be, it can also be heart-breakingly, bank-account-rendingly fragile in rocky environments. And mountain biking? It’s a rocky environment. Ti frames were a natural and synergistic addition to our offerings because we’re based in Phoenix, AZ, where we have access to one of the bike industry’s deepest talent pools for titanium manufacturing. We knew we could do high quality, titanium at a much better value than is otherwise available on the market.
Benefiting from the years of development of Vassago’s geometry and specifications as well as from the decades of ti bike manufacturing experience of our builders, the Optimus Ti features size-specific tubing spec for the perfect ride tune. It shares the Verhauen’s FastCat geometry and handling characteristics. It is available with dropout options that let you choose (and change) between single or geared. And it does so in a way that is all corrosion-resistant, velvety-ride-feel titanium dreaminess. All of this while delivering on the Vassago promise of value for the money – quality that rivals any of our peers at a realistic, obtainable price point.
- Hand made by some of the finest frame builders in the industry
- Vassago 29er specific 3AL/2.5V titanium tubing
- S-Bend and ovalized oversize chainstays and Seatstays
- 44mm headtube
- Sliding dropouts with options for boost 148x12 geared or singlespeed applications
- 148mm rear spacing, 73mm threaded bottom bracket, 30.9 seatpost, 34.9/35.0 SP clamp
- Internal Dropper post routing with Rubber Grommets
- Optimized for 120mm travel squishy forks - or 490mm axle to crown rigid forks
- Tire clearance for up to 3" 29er tires
- Standard 160mm postmount rear dropouts
- External upper waterbottle boss to allow longer dropper posts